Ready for a succesfull end of the year thanks to our marketing tips?
Most marketing campaigns are coming to an end, and everyone is looking for innovative ways to give the results an extra boost, reach year-end goals and pave the way for a successful 2016.
On average, the holiday season brings in 20 to 40% of all sales, so it's a good idea to put some effort in and distinguish yourself in the (crowded) market.
To help you on your way, here are some ideas every marketer can use:
- Create a visually attractive email to thank your customers for their loyalty over the past year. People will feel appreciated and it's more than likely they will remember you next time they are shopping:
- Pay attention to the email lay-out: holiday themes are fine, but don't pollute your brand identity.
- Segment your database and try to find different subject lines for each segment.
- Think about what you can offer in return for your customers' loyalty.
- Set up an SMS campaign to 'ring' in the New Year
- Slightly change the lay-out of your weekly/monthly newsletter to fit the upcoming holidays. Again, keep in mind not to dilute brand identity.
- The end of the year is the perfect period to solicit feedback from your customers on their happiness and engagement level. A small survey (of max. 5 questions) will not only teach you how your customers feel about your business, you'll also increase the likelihood of them shopping with you in the next year.
- With an in-house marketing solution, setting up a viral contest is easy. Even with a limited budget, great results can be achieved: with an attractive prize and contest concept you'll be able to capture a lot of potential and existing customers. And let's face it, everyone loves a chance to win!
- Create an online advent calendar where each day has new tips and tricks and a different product in the spotlight
- With a personality test based on a set of pre-defined questions you can suggest products to your customers. Of course, this can easily be re-used for other holidays, such as Christmas, Father's- or Mothers' day,...
- If possible, add a social sharing functionality to your campaign. This will facilitate the virality of the campaign and create a lot of positive buzz with potential customers.
All of the above examples can be realized with minimal manpower and small budgets. It is however important to take the time to think of what you want to achieve with your campaign so that your 'end of year campaign' is as perfect for your company as it is for your customers.
Do you have any questions and do you want us to help you to excecute these examples in your company then don't hesistate to contact us!