The Reference is a cutting-edge digital agency, operating at the intersection of marketing and technology. We are known for our result-oriented approach, reflected in our motto, “it's more than digital, it's your business.” Quality is the key factor in gaining and maintaining our client's trust. We therefore strive for the very highest level of quality at all times, both for our services as for our employees.
To reinforce our commercial team, The Reference is in search of an experienced digital business development manager to expand its business.
- You identify potential clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on prospects and their business
- You develop relationships with prospective clients, you track and diligently follow up all prospects to continually feed your sales pipeline with qualified leads
- You maintain an active schedule of face-to-face appointments and prospecting calls
- You partner with the sales team to create contract-winning proposals for prospective and current clients
- You find new opportunities through networks and within your own network, by attending marketing and industry events, by smart calling, etc.
- You negotiate and close deals
- 5+ years of relevant sales experience in a digital (agency) environment
- You are a people person. You understand the art of communication and you are a seasoned negotiator who loves to open doors
- Degree level qualification in sales, business management, economics, digital marketing or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Sales-focused drive is in your blood and you face up to your responsibilities
- Bringing in new deals makes your heart beat faster
- Autonomous, proactive, result-oriented, customer-centric and data driven
- Interested in digital marketing and new technologies
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced sales environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written, as well as strong presentation skills
- Become a subject matter expert on our business processes and operations, and remain up-to-date on industry news
- You are Dutch speaking and you speak English fluently. If you are also proficient in French, that's a big asset.
What we offer
- You represent one of Belgium's most successful digital agencies, part of the Emakina Group but with its own DNA
- Exciting, challenging and innovative customers you can commit to and a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Dynamic working environment with great colleagues and respect for your work-life balance. You will become an essential member of a young and fast-growing team
- A reserved spot in a renovated office in Belgium's tech city: Ghent.
- Competitive salary and a wide range of benefits including company car