As one of Europe’s Internet pioneers, The Reference has proven a long-standing experience in the field of digital marketing. Our clients are Top-100 companies with which we aim to build up a long-term relationship at national and international level. Quality is the key factor in gaining and maintaining their confidence. We therefore strive for the very highest level of quality at all times, for our clients as much as for our employees.
The Reference is offering a broad range of data services and products for its clients and prospects. In this context, we are looking for data consultants to work with clients on business and marketing intelligence, and other data-related services. Within your advisory role and by using state-of-the-art visualization tools you communicate business performance and apprise middle- and C-level management with your advice. At some companies your role will be mainly advisory, while in other companies, it will be more operational. However, you should know that soft skills are more important than hard skills. Most importantly: you are eager and curious to learn.
What we expect of you
- The data economy is fairly new so proven interest and/or experience in the field is the minimum requirement;
- Bonus points for being certified in one or more data processing or visualization tools;
- Bonus points for a bachelor and/or master in business engineering, applied economics, computer science, bioinformatics, engineering, ...;
- 3~5 years of experience;
Soft skills and properties
We are an agency. While we are aiming for a wide range of applications, some affinity with marketing concepts is an absolute plus;
You are a consultant; this means you should be able to cooperate with teams that are not per definition your colleagues;
- With the help of visualization tools, you are comfortable communicating to people who have very few or no technological or analytical skills;
- You are curious, studious, intelligent, somewhat stubborn and you don't take 'no' for an answer;
- Although it is definitely a plus if you have an academic background, being business-minded is an absolute requirement;
- Although we encourage you to be yourself, it is crucial that you are comfortable with putting yourself on the map within large companies
- You are fluent in Python and/or R;
- You are familiar with one or more visualization tools;
- You are familiar or you are willing to dive deep in verticals such as recommendation engines, search engines, feed managers, etc...
- You are a spreadsheet maestro.
- You are familiar with descriptive statistics: mean, median, mode, cohorts, histograms, time series, etc.
- You are familiar with inferential statistics: basic statistical tests and distributions;
- You are familiar with both parametric and non-parametric modeling techniques: regression, random forests, neural nets, etc;
- You are familiar with one or more vendor-specific SQL implementations (Postgres, MySQL, MSsql, BigQuery, Snowflake, ...);
- Fluent in English and very good knowledge of Dutch
What you get in return
- A competitive wage, depending on proven experience, seniority and certification and a wide range of extralegal benefits
- The opportunity to deepen or widen your skills, in line with company needs: the time to study and get certified;
- Although it is possible you will work full-time at a client, we strive to have you at the office on a weekly basis to discuss progress and collaborate on data initiatives;
- The opportunity to take matters into your own hands and to make a difference: your actions will define how we will tackle data-related problems in the future;
- Variated responsibilities and work environments: work from home, at a client or at the office, depending on what you are working on;
- Working at an agency which is known for fostering seniority and respect for your work-life balance;
- A reserved spot in a renovated office in Belgium's tech city: Ghent