We asked several attendees to make a 'must-not-forget list'. Below is the consolidated list with the most important insights.
- The technology to capture, transfer, transform and store data has evolved tremendously over the past decade.
- Recently, the market for big data infrastructure has been consolidated, yet the market for big data applications has exploded.
- The tools that enable working with real-time data are not necessarily more expensive and harder to implement than more traditional data ecosystems.
- A real-time data ecosystem is more a matter of mindset than of technology.
- Everybody is a decision maker and data scientists are in the business of assisting them.
- Maximizing a data scientist’s value is not only a matter of finding the right profiles, there are also organizational aspects that determine whether one will be impactful.
- Executive sponsorship is a crucial driver in achieving success through innovation.
- Technological progress can move fast, so it’s essential to think, act and execute at the same time. Given this fact, allow for failure.
- Innovation, whether through data-driven technologies or not, requires thinking beyond the technology and having eye for organizational capabilities.
- Start small, yet do start with data & AI projects within your organization. Already started? Scale up fast and move on.
- (Bonus!) You're not in this all alone. Find partners like us to guide, support and challenge you. ;-)
Get in touch. We'll be glad to discuss how data can be an asset for your company.
In case you might want to take a sneak peek at the pictures, you'll find them over here.