Uncover the business in your data
We truly hope you’re enjoying your summer holidays. Sadly summer doesn’t last forever, nor do holidays. So we decided to extend that summer feeling and give you and ourselves something extra to look forward to.
So take your calendars and mark Wednesday, August 28.
Why? We’ll give you 2 good reasons:
1. After your summer energy boost it’s time to take on some new challenges. Challenges like kicking off the first data project in your organization or in case you already started, taking those first initiatives to the next level. We aim to give you an inspirational and mental boost on all things DATA and AI.
2. We’ll make it an epic summer closing event. Beach, drinks, BBQ and beats included. Feel free to bring your flip flops or pool sliders.
- What? 4 inspirational talks explaining how to 'Uncover the business in your data'
- When? Wednesday, August 28 from 16:00 until 21:00
- Where? Zuiderbad, Hofstade near Mechelen
- 16:00 - 16:30: Welcome
- 16:30 - 17:00: Talk 1 - The importance of data, put in time perspective
by Kris Barnhoorn, Innovation & Technology Director at Design is Dead
Data is at the core of nearly every business decision. Its role is to empower all departments to make decisions based on facts, trends and statistical numbers. But with so much information out there, companies must be able to get the right information, to make the best decisions about strategy, growth and customer experience. Kris will guide you through the evolution of (big)data approaches and couple it with use cases. He will take you on a journey towards the dawn of real-time data and the enablement of the real-time economy.
- 17:00 - 17:30: Talk 2 - Real time, the next data frontier?
by Daan Gerits, Data Wizard at Design is Dead
Daan will sweep you away from data analytics into a world of data-glue, where data has become the adhesive of choice to bond enterprises of all sizes. Take a glance at how data-driven organization organize themselves - and their data - to deal with the ever-growing complexity of their business challenges.
- 17:30 - 18:00: Break with drinks & bites
- 18:00 - 18:30: Talk 3 - What data scientists do and how to maximize their impact
by Roel Peters, Lead Data Consultant and Senne Vermassen, Data Consultant at The Reference
The idea of data-as-an-asset is slowly entering workplaces. In this transitional phase, the role of data scientists has been of a varied nature: from creating dashboards, testing hypotheses and designing experiments to predictive modeling and computer vision. Using first-hand experience, data consultants Roel and Senne elaborate on the multitude of tasks they have tackled and the best practices that enable them to truly live up to the expectations.
18:30 - 19:00: Talk 4 - Technology isn’t the biggest challenge. Culture is.
by Johan Van Wyngene, Chief Information & Innovation Officer at DP World
AI is reshaping business, yet not as quickly as assumed. Although the technology that is enabling AI is advancing rapidly and becoming affordable, many organizations' efforts with it are falling short. Most of the time they only run ad-hoc pilots or are applying AI in just a single business process. So why the slow progress? Recent studies show that AI initiatives face tremendous cultural and organizational barriers. At the same time, leaders who take steps to break down those barriers can effectively capture AI opportunities. In this session, you'll learn about the shift your organization needs to make and how to set up for succes.
- 19:00 - 19:15: Conclusion and Q&A
- 19:15 - 21:00: BBQ, drinks and beats
UNCOVER THE BUSINESS IN YOUR DATA IS FULLY BOOKED
Thank you for your interest in our data and AI event, but since we have reached the maximum capacity for 'Uncover the business in your data', we closed registrations.
If you want to know more about data and AI, talk with our experts or exchange thoughts on the subject, reach out to us.